Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Relying on my Glasses with Silver Strands in my Hair

It's the last night of my 20's tonight, and with it comes a sudden change of heart. I've been slightly panicked for awhile (okay, maybe more than slightly panicked some days) about the impending end of this part of my life, but now I feel like I've been looking at this all wrong. Because really, it's not an end, it's a beginning.

So here's to being 30 and to the next phase of life! Sure, I may need to rely more and more on my glasses, my hair may have some silver strands in it, but life is good. I have a wonderful family, great friends, the best guy a girl could ask for, and a job that I love. I don't need to stay up all night drinking, I haven't enjoyed clubs since I was 19 or 20, I'm thankful that my roommate is my husband, and I'd rather spend quality time and a quiet night in with good friends than go to a party where I don't know anyone.

And right now, James is in the kitchen making this for me:

What I am eating tomorrow, most likely for breakfast
Because he told me "You can't turn 30 without a birthday cake!"

I have the best husband EVER.

See you guys later. I'll probably be getting around with a walker. Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment