Friday, March 8, 2013

February Reading (sooo late...)

Didn't do a whole lot of reading last month. I finished The Paris Wife and moved on to these two:



Neither book was really for me. I've looked at "The Distant Hours" over and over again, and while it has all the elements that should have made it a really enjoyable read (Set in England, taking place partially during WWII, creepy family dynamic), all I wanted to do was contact the editor and demand to know why they didn't take out at least 100 pages of the 500+ page book. They story was very complex, but the narrative kept jumping all over the place and the author was very vague about big reveals, and by the time it all got tied up in the end, I couldn't remember the beginning of it all. Plus I couldn't identify with any of the characters.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

The end of February was super-jam-packed, but sadly it was super-jam-packed with illness. James came home with a nasty cold, and a few days later I woke up with it. We did, however, have a chance to sit in one of our local parks and do some drawing:


Well, James did some drawing. I just ran around taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment