Friday, February 1, 2013

January Reading

Good morning! It's the first day of February already - can you believe it? Also slightly unbelievable is that I'm up and functioning (sort of) at 7am. Gotta be honest, have NOT been a morning person lately. Bed is just waaay too comfy and warm.

So here's what I've been reading lately...


To be fair, I read most of this in the last couple days of December and finished it over my little New Year's break.

James gave this to me for Christmas. It follows the family lines of two sisters and was ultimately very sad. Just the kind of book I like! He also gave me an ice cream maker, which I'm hoping to try out this weekend. 

This is the supposed "thrilling conclusion" to The Giver. I wanted it to be so much more than it was. I loved The Giver, and was excited when this book opens in the community with Jonas and baby Gabe as characters. I thought we'd learn the fate of the community after Jonas left, but we don't. I felt like the ending was rushed. Maybe I'm too old for young adult fiction...

A few weeks ago, Eva Schloss, who is Anne Frank's step-sister, spoke at the gallery. A client loaned her library book so I could read Eva's memoir. It's absolutely incredible the things she had to endure. It's a wonder anyone survived.

Okay, technically I haven't finished The Paris Wife so it should go in February's reading, but whatevs. My blog, my rules.
 Also, I read the last two 50 Shades books...what awful writing. So why read them, you may wonder? It's sort of like why anyone watches Snakes on a Plane. Cause let's be honest, no one thinks that movie is a piece of cinematic gold with groundbreaking, heartfelt performances. People like it because it's trashy and mindnumbingly entertaining. Sorry, Sammie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment