Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Reading, Part 2

The Wind in the Willows

The Notebook - see, I told you I'd do it.
I tried reading The Wind in the Willows when I was little. I remember I had a set of hardcover books, and they were all maroon and shiney, and this was one of them. I just didn't like it, so I stopped reading it. I don't think I understood a lot of what was going on. Now, I can read it and see just how very British it is, and I can understand why my little brain couldn't "get it" way back when.

Also - I so read The Notebook. And I watched the movie. But I did it the wrong way 'round, so I already had the movie in my head when I began reading, and found myself just not liking the inconsistencies. Hey Hollywood, not all of us like it when you "improve upon" a novel to make it into a film. Why don't you cater to US every now and again? 

I've read 26 books so far this year. I won't be counting the numerous children's books I'll be reading over the next several months in preparation for a big show at work, although one of the books is called Fartiste and is about a man who lived in France and preformed his *ahem* special bottom tricks at the Moulin Rouge. And it's a true story. Fo' realz.

You read that correctly.


No comments:

Post a Comment