Monday, August 13, 2012

New Jewelry, Plus Some Mostly Senseless Ramblings

Okay, I know that as a southern Californian, I really can't complain about the weather. I'm pretty spoiled for nice weather. But. Oh. My. God. It's so hot. The heat and I are not good friends. There's a period of about an hour to an hour and a half, between about 5:45 and 7:00 am when our bedroom is actually comfortable to sleep in, and that's it. The rest of the time I spend sitting/melting on the sofa with a glass of ice water wishing it were mid-winter. I can't concentrate on much of anything when it's this hot. I tried to get some jewelry work done yesterday, but the pool at my parent's house kept calling to me. So this is how I spent the afternoon:

Ahh, relief
 I did manage to make some new necklaces last week, thanks to the benefit of air conditioning.


Tiny Houses, side one

Tiny Houses, side two

San Francisco Scenes, side one

San Francisco Scenes, side two

Butterflies, side one

Butterflies, side two
 Tiny Houses: fabric, ink, French text, papers
San Francisco Scenes: photograph by Jennifer Geisert, illustration by James Keniston (we collaborated!)
Butterflies: French text, papers, glitter, paint

All are now available at Chemers Gallery. I would show you the other two I made, but they sold already (yay!).

Another thing that's driving me to distraction is that my "studio" is out of control messy and on my big table I only have a tiny space in which to work. This needs to be fixed soon.


Out of control studio
I don't even want to tell you what the rest of the house looks like, and it's totally my mess. James has been amazing with the cleaning he's been doing. Our kitchen has never been so spotless. I think it's because he's having a love affair with Lime-Away. Just kidding. (He does love that product, though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment