Friday, July 27, 2012

Please Pass the Tissues


Chris Helgren/Reuters
 You guys....I cried - CRIED - at the opening ceremonies, right into my chicken and lime fajitas. *sigh* I'm such a girl. Anyone would think that I'm pregs. (I'm SO not.) I cried right up until they did The Digital Age. (Danny Boyle, I didn't like that so much.) Also, the snotty commentary during the Parade of Nations killed the moment. And, also - I'm sorry, but I'm going to get really nit-picky here - if you are a presenter for the Olympic Opening Ceremony, PLEASE learn how to say the names of rivers and landmarks correctly. (I heard someone say "Thayms" and I wanted to throw my wine glass.)  But OMG - Rowan Atkinson? And The Queen and James Bond? Fabulous. Hooray for London, and for the spirit of unity!

No comments:

Post a Comment