Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness


I've probably already posted the picture, but I don't care. Here it is again!
I'm all about rolling with the punches these days. Cause the unexpected has become oh-so-familliar the last little while. I think the message here is "Stop trying to plan for everying." I'm dealing by just stepping back, taking stock, and trying my best to remember what's really important. Even if I'm also trying to resist at the same time.
James got back on Tuesday - hooray!!! It felt like he'd been away for 10 weeks instead of just 10 days. I "cleaned" the bathroom in preparation. I even took out the trash. Mostly. (I'm really not a slob, I promise. I just accumulate stuff. Like long hair around the sink.) And, as is the case when long-distance flights are concerned, he picked up a bug of some sort and I came home last night to a feverish husband with an upset stomache. I turned around and went right out again to get Tylenol, chicken soup, and the good crackers. Cause that's what you do when your husband is sick.

So we decided to postpone Thanksgiving until Sunday. It feels a little strange knowing every other person in America is gorging him/herself and slipping into a turkey coma while we're dozing on the sofa and eating scrambled eggs at 3 in the afternoon, but whatevs. I can still be thankful.

I am filled with thankfulness and gratitude for my wonderful family and friends, both in the US and in the UK. I am thankful for airplanes that land safely and bring James back to me. I am thankful for a job that I love and for the people I work with. I am thankful for books, for art, for music, and for having the senses that let me take enjoyment and pleasure from those things. I am thankful for my health, for the roof over my head, and for the food I eat. I'm thankful for having the freedom to make choices. And so many other things.

What are you most thankful for in your lives?

Pee Ess: Sunday? It's on!

No comments:

Post a Comment