Saturday, February 4, 2012

What Happens in Vegas....

Vegas, Baby!
I've only been to Las Vegas twice in my life, and I gotta say, I don't get it. It's just so....surreal! Slot machines in the airport? Really?

Anyway, I've never been to Vegas on vacation, only for trade shows - the West Coast Art and Framing Show, to be precise. This year we all packed into the Mirage to see the latest and greatest that the framing world had to offer. The last time I went, my boss and I discovered some awesome skull frames that we gleefully brought "behind the Orange Curtain," and I had my first glimpse of Vegas from a tram. This year there was a rather fantastic display of a man's body from the waist down diving into a framed piece of art. I couldn't resist the following:

*She has a broken wrist - we told many people that I had pushed her down the stairs. This is untrue.
 After we finished with the trade show goodness, we found ourselves in Venice, complete with canals and gondolas. How extraordinary!




On another note, James and my dad went fishing this week and absolutely hauled them in! James prepared a beautiful fishy spread for us using a Jamie Oliver recipe. Delicious!

Fresh Fish
Also, I couldn't resist taking a fish-eye photograph of our fish.

Fish-eye Fish
That's just the sort of girl I am.

1 comment: