Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Sort of Love Giraffes

Ah, Sunday night, when you realize that there's still a whole lotta weekend you'd like to experience...

Took James to the Irvine Spectrum this week. Not being from around here and not being much of a shopper (unlike his wife...), this was a new experience.


Golden Horse, Irvine Spectrum
 When I worked at David's Bridal, one of my brides told me that her fiance proposed to her on top of the Ferris Wheel at the Spectrum. I think of her every time I'm here.

Stormy Sunday
 I turned 29 this week! This is unfortunate timing for James, because it's Valentine's Day the week before, as well as the anniversary of when we got together in college. We choose to celebrate the anniversary, not so much the Valentine's Day. If you look closely, you can see the top of our gold waving cat our friend sent us as a wedding gift. Try not to notice the dust on the lampshade...

Valentine's, Anniversary & Birthday cards
 You're never too old to celebrate your birthday at the zoo, and that's what I did. James and my parents and I drove up to the LA Zoo which I haven't been to in about 20 years, and I looked at animals to my heart's content. I wish I'd seen lions that were awake, and elephants and hippos, and I wish even more that I'd gotten to hug a giraffe, but that's life.

Flamingos

Monkeys, LA Zoo
   
I forget what kind of monkey this is, but I think it had a very bright posterior. No, it's not a baboon.
  
Giraffe, LA Zoo
  I sort of love giraffes. I have a stuffed giraffe from when I was born. His name is Jerry and he's way too disgusting to show you, so you'll just have to make do with these pictures of real giraffes. (I'm sorry, Jerry, you're not disgusting to me.)
 
Me, My Dad, & a Giraffe
 How was everyone else's week/weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment