Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Reading

I haven't really been in the mood to read lately. I must be sick or something, because that never happens. Here's what's been in my Kindle/hands lately:


Although I was really excited to find that this was part of a trilogy, I was very unexcited when I found out it's the middle book of the trilogy and I don't really have any desire to go back and read the first one or go forward and read the last one.

One of my favorite authors from being a teenager, this is a book I've read over and over and over again.

The latest ebook from FLB, full of short stories. Some of them are a bit weird (she's gotten rather strange in the last several years) but there are hints here and there of the style of her writing that got me hooked in the first place, which made me oh-so-happy.
I've been having long days lately, and when it's time to just shut off and enjoy a few pages, I find myself worried about the piles of paper left on the kitchen table, or the fact that we need clean underwear and haven't been able to get in the laundry room for days, or that I need to write shopping lists of food, or that I need to remember to pick up some chain to finish a new necklace, etc, etc. What I need is an assistant who can do all of that stuff for me, which will really free me up to worry less and enjoy relaxing more. Let's make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment