Sunday, December 16, 2012

Who Needs Baking When Trader Joe's is Across the Street?

I woke up and found myself deep into the holiday season - um, how did that happen? Wasn't it just October? One look around my house at the stockings and nutcracker collection (yes, I have a nutcracker collection, what of it?) and rolls of wrapping paper tells me that the holidays are indeed here, so make the most of it!

Boxes o' Goodies

Tiny gingerbread men - with Trader Joe's across the street, who needs baking?

My morning view

Decorating at my parent's house
As you can see, sugar and sparkel-y things abound!

On a seperate note, last weekend was the choir concert at church, which I did not participate in. Having some time off is wonderful!! We did attend, however, and sitting next to us was a woman who brought her Corgie dog and dressed him in a Santa outfit. Wish I'd gotten a picture!

In light of the major events recently in Connecticut and beyond, I'm not feeling terribly lighthearted these days. It feels really silly to be writing about holiday cookies and tree lights when there are so many other things happening all over the globe that are just so much more important. But I suppose focusing on small things that might give a bit of joy is important to keep spirits up. After all, who doesn't get cheered up by some yummy cookies? Especially those dark chocolate shortbread star cookies Trader Joe's hauls out this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment