Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fancy Nancy and Me

This is what happens when you combine an art gallery, Fancy Nancy illustrator Robin Preiss Glasser, and Bloomingdales:

Sharon, Robin Priess Glasser, Karen, and Moi, in our fancy finery

Ooh la la, what a Fancy Shmancy display!
 You get feather boas, feathered gowns, glitter, pink, and French phrases bandied about, complete with book signings and orignal artwork. (Available HERE at Chemers Gallery!) Plus, as you walk through Bloomingdales with Robin, people stop her and ask if she's a princess, or if she's getting married, and she gives your day that bit of extra sparkle. C'est magnifique!

If you've missed out on the whole Fancy Nancy craze, she's a children's book character who believes everything is better when it's fancified, so she Bedazzles everything in sight and uses French words and makes the every day into grandious occasions. My kind of girlie! Robin's illustrations bring her to life beautifully.

I seriously want another tiara. I say "another," because when I was a teenager and weird, I bought a tiara in some shop up in Berkeley and wore it around San Francisco the summer I was there. And then I brought it back to southern California and wore it out to dinner. And probably on dates. And sometimes (rarely) I'll dig it out and wear it around the house. That's not weird, is it?

1 comment: