Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Reading

Hello, October, where did you come from? 

The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards
Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell - I started this while riding on a bus through Stoke Newington in the middle of what for England could be called a heatwave. Imagine my surprise when one of the characters in the book began his walk home through Stoke Newington and my husband's local park in the middle of a heatwave...totally surreal.
You would think right about now that I had chosen my books specifically for the key on the front cover. This would be an incorrect assumption.
The Brave by Nicholas Evans - see? No key.
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket - call it research
And now begins my favorite time of year at work - the preparations for our annual children's book illustration show! We will be featuring 5 children's book illustrators and their original artwork, plus providing books to pre-order for signing and dedication by these illustrators. This all culminates in a day-long opening reception on December 7th, where about 100 original illustrations are displayed on the walls AND the illustrators (and even a few of the authors!) will be in attendance to sign books, give talks, demonstrations and lectures!

Can you guess how excited I am?



No comments:

Post a Comment