Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Reading, or, A Month of Breakage

Wow, June has just flown by! What the heck? June seems to have been the month of stuff breaking at our house. Within days of each other, our CD stereo stopped CDing and our DVD player stopped DVDing. Both have discs stuck inside. The worst part is that BOTH of my Mumford & Sons CDs are stuck in the player, AND one of them is a copy of the original that has been stuck in my car stereo for the last 2 years. Does anybody know a good repairman out there???

Also, my super cheap DVD player that's lived for years and years and years also somehow happens to be one that plays British DVDs, so when I replace this one (I'm sure it's not even worth the cost of repairs) I will likely not be able to watch This Life, the 90's television series about young 20-something lawyers living and partying in London. Lots of drinking, lots of student-y type living, lots of Portishead.

Here's what I've been reading this month...

Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
He's Gone by Deb Caletti
The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo - I'd never read this book and just figured What the heck?
Also, just in case you have a coffee machine, here's a tip - Clean it regularly with vinegar. Don't do what I did and not clean it and then suddenly decide to clean it by running vinegar through it. This will make your machine explode. Okay, maybe not explode, but something will pop loose and you will have vinegar leaking all over your counter. So there's one more thing I have to potentially replace, although we've been making due with a coffee press. But I've lost the knack so my coffee tastes weak and disgusting so James has to prepare it in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment