Friday, January 24, 2014

What do cats have to worry about, anyway?

While the rest of the country is freezing it's butts off, I'm sorry to report that California has been lovely...
Sunny Day
Sunny California
James and I had a few days off together around New Year's (New Year's?? That's sooo long ago!!), and we treated ourselves to brunch at the Brownstone Cafe in Fullerton, a real rarity these days. Our joys are simple: a brunch together, seeing a movie in the theater, shoe shopping...okay, that one is really my joy, but James was a trooper and went with me and told me that the new heels I was looking at were nice with the jeans I had on.
New Blue Shoes
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
We went to see a late screening of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and we loved it. LOVED. There were maybe 5 other people in this giant theater with leatherette seats, so these vast Icelandic and Himalayan landscapes were just right there, front and center and so personal. The music was fantastic (James downloaded the soundtrack immediately upon returning home), the photography was beautiful - to us, everything about it seemed right.

Cal, asleep on my lap for an hour
We've also spent quite a bit of time at my parent's house the last couple of weeks. My mom was having surgery and was going to be in the hospital for a few days, and my grandmother has been staying with my parents since her husband passed away in November. She's not very steady on her feet anymore and just needs a bit of help with things, so James and I stayed nearby. An extra bonus was having two cats around!

Max - just look at this face!
Cal and Max are taking all the extra bodies and extra equipment in their stride - they're cats, what do they have to worry about, after all?
Max and Cal

When I've been home, I've been busy on new jewelry designs. I'm making samples to keep at the gallery, plus putting together necklaces that are a collaboration between me and Lisa Mertins, a lovely ceramic artist. Pictures coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment