Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June Reading

I don't know if I've told youbefore, but I decided that I was going to keep track of how many books I read in 2012. Just cause I'm curious. Now that we're mid-way through June (Happy 1st Day of Summer, BTW!!), I'm on my 21st book. Not counting the 2 that I started and couldn't finish. James says that if reading were an Olympic sport, I would be a gold medalist.

The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin


Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

And then I broke down and went to the dark side.

It arrived last week and although it's weird reading on a screen rather than a page, I'm very happy with how small it is and how little it weighs. And I'm excited for future travel opportunities. I kept thinking back to my sister-in-law's wedding in England last Spring when the only book I brought was Water for Elephants, and I finished it the second day of the trip, and I was too sick and/or busy with wedding- and family-related activities to pick up another book in the bookstore. Never. Again.

Plus, once one has an e-reader, one needs a cute handmade cover/sleeve from Etsy, right?

Made by Ann, from inmystudio.etsy.com
Also, to add to my competetive reading, there's a percentage tracker on the bottom of the Kindle screen, and I am taking great pleasure in shouting out to James exactly what percentage of Pride and Prejudice I've read thus far. Several times a day. Or hour. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment